Making pizza dough from scratch can be a fun and rewarding experience, as it allows you to customize the dough to your liking and create your own unique pizza creations.
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup warm water (105-115° F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the warm water and olive oil.
- Stir with a spoon until a ball of dough is formed.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- area the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Punch down the dough to remove any air bubbles and divide into 2 equal-sized balls.
- Roll out each ball of dough into a circle and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Top with desired toppings